Thingiverse is a universe of things. Download our files and build them with your lasercutter, 3D printer, or CNC.
Thingiverse, owned by the Makerbot team, has a huge library of parts (or things) heavily geared towards 3D printing. If you have a 3D printer, and don’t know about Thingiverse, where have you been hiding?!
- Very strong community with a expansive library of parts
- Great user interface and the ability for users to “remix” or modify other users designs
- Regular collections and competitions keens fresh designs coming
- Although there is a like system, there isn’t a great rating system. There’s nothing more annoying than finding out that your newly printed part doesn’t fit! Best to rely on the the likes and collection count.
- None come to mind – Thingiverse is a great community!
Check out the Thingiverse website here.